Sunday, March 2, 2014

Winter storm & comfort food

Happy Sunday! I woke up to the smell of Bacon this morning, mmmm I love Bacon. Hubby normally makes a big Sunday breakfast and the house smelled so good along with fresh coffee.

We are in the midst of a 'winter' storm here, rain and very high winds. I believe we have about 2" of rain so far since Friday and since we get it all at once, it just runs off and causes flooding, mud slides and all sorts of problems. Our pool is full of leaves and debris but thankfully no damage. Our resident hummingbird almost lost her nest and egg due to the high winds. I thought for sure the egg would fall out of the nest due to the branch swinging in the wind, but Hubby fixed it and she is back on the nest, whew!

Since it is still cold and gloomy it feels like a good day to bake or make a pot of soup, I'm thinking comfort food today. I made butternut squash soup the other day and it was terrific. It was the first time I tried it and I will definitely fit that into my diet as a regular thing, it was a healthy version. Today I am thinking of a creamy soup, you know, the rib sticking kind with extra calories? I am also thinking homemade bread on the side, maybe with a little butter :) Speaking of calories, the weather should clear tomorrow and I am planning to get back out walking again. As long as I have a plan, right?

Have a great day!
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment