Saturday, March 8, 2014

Chocolate Strawberry Nutella cup cakes & hummingbird egg

Saturday has rolled around again. Today is my normal cleaning day since I don't like to go out on the weekend because of all the 'people' that are out there. I did my 30 minutes of exercise today and decided instead of cleaning, that I was going to bake since my dishwasher is fixed. I am going to give that baby a work out since it has had about a 7 month vacation and I can sit and file my nails or something.

A few weeks ago, I made a cake for my Father-in-Law's birthday. I got the recipe here: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2013/05/chocolate-strawberry-nutella-cake/ and it turned out really great, here is a picture to prove it:



I needed to transport the cake 20 minutes away while holding it on my lap through several stop lights, turns etc, and let me tell you, this cake does not travel well at all with the whipped cream and strawberries. However, it was absolutely delicious and there were no left overs! My son loved it, so today I decided I would make it for him. I used the same basic recipe but decided to make it into cupcakes instead, with a 2 part cupcake. I made the bottom half in tall cup cake liners and the top half in shorter liners, so when assembled, most will remain in the cup.  Here is the picture of the cakes, I will assemble them tomorrow and post another pic. Wish me luck.


Hubby made stuffed pork chops for dinner and I made roasted potatoes and opened a jar of applesauce, oh my, it was wonderful. What was more wonderful is that all the dishes went in to the dishwasher and it is running as I type this :)
 
When we were sitting outside after dinner, our resident mother hummingbird left her nest and I had Hubby snap a pic of the nest with the egg since he is tall enough to reach it. This egg is the size of a small peanut M&M and the nest is about 1-1/2" wide. I can't wait for it to hatch which should be very soon, and will post pictures of the baby.

 
That's about it from me, I will be back tomorrow with the cupcake assembly results.

Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment