Thursday, March 20, 2014

Giving blood and giving back

So yesterday after my disappointing weigh in (-1.2 lbs.) and my work out, I went and gave blood. Hey...maybe I should have weighed in after I donated! (Note to self).
 
The people at the Blood Bank are so nice and I am not even black and blue today from the needle, thanks to Patrick :)  I am up to 3-1/2 gallons of blood donated so far, it really adds up quick. Anyhow, I thought it would be great if I volunteered there, I wouldn't mind working a few hours, a day or two a week. I will need to wait and see what the schedule is.
 
After I donated, they told me I was entered to win 2 tickets to the Stage Coach Festival in April which includes a room at the Hilton. That would be great if I won, it would be a nice weekend get away for us. I looked into buying tickets in January, but I thought they were really expensive, the cheapest one was over $300 I think.
 
I was up and walking before 7 a.m. today. I have only been up before 7 twice in the last 6 months, seriously. I walked the whole neighborhood and it took me about 40 minutes. We live about 3/4 of the way up a very steep hill. I start by walking down the hill and then all the way back to the top and the side streets and back home. It kicked my ass the first time I walked it last year. I was thinking of quitting that day, but a guy pushing a stroller with a toddlerrunning uphill passed me and then he passed me a second time before I finished the loop. I found my motivation very quickly after that and I never think about quitting now, thanks stroller guy!
 
Tonight is dinner with da boys. We went to Costco ($$$) to pick up seafood and decided to go with scallops and shrimp on the Barbie, Costco always has such nice seafood and meats and also a bunch of other stuff that you can't resist buying, like 2 new camping chairs and a fold up camping hammock, can't live without those things, right?.
 
Being the first day of Spring, I thought I would share some pictures with you of flowers in my yard and of course the Hummingbirds. I am very happy today and feeling thankful to be surrounded with great weather and these beautiful flowers. For those of you that are buried in snow and are wondering if Spring will ever come, I am hoping it comes soon for you!
 

 
 
 
 

 
 
Thanks for reading and have a great day!!
Cheryl



No comments:

Post a Comment