Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Soup, Sushi and a chance of rain

It has been gloomy here for the past several days until late morning which has been great for my walking. The sun eventually pops out before noon and it ends up to be a gorgeous day in the 70s. Not today though, it's cloudy as far as I can see and it's 1:30. We have a 20% chance of rain today and 60% tomorrow, which makes me glad that I never finished washing all those windows. See? Sometimes procrastination does pay off.
 
Due to the gloom and cool weather, Hubby decided to make soup with the leftover Asparagus we had. You know, from that huge bag you get at Costco that you will never use unless you are catering a party?  I am getting better at using things up before they spoil and need to be thrown away, it's so much waste. He found the recipe on Allrecipes.com and here is the link and the photo from that website:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Fresh-Asparagus-Soup/




This soup was very flavorful and pretty low calorie I think. He used low fat milk instead of soy milk. I think this would be great with other vegetables in it like carrots, squash and maybe some fresh corn. We will definitely make this recipe again!
 
We decided to go out to dinner with da boys tonight instead of Thursday. They want to go get Sushi for a change so that will be fun. It's been a while since I have had it and to be honest I am not a big Sushi fan. I don't mind the raw fish, I love fresh tuna, I just think that the little piece of fish you get rolled in rice is not worth what you pay for it. I would much rather have some nice Yellow Tail Sashimi with rice on the side, at least your getting a whole piece of fish.
 
Doesn't this look good?
 
Actually, to be honest, I prefer steak over fish, but that's because I grew up on meat and potatoes.
 
I am planning on getting (actually Hubby getting for me) some baby Hummingbird pictures so I can post them tomorrow.
 
Have a great rest of the day!!
Cheryl
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment