Thursday, March 13, 2014

Desert Camping

We took off Monday and went camping in the desert. There is nothing like being out in the middle of nowhere, no TV, no service, no electricity, just bacon and eggs being cooked over an open fire in the morning and barbequing at night.

When people think of the desert they think of sand dunes, but it's not like that everywhere. We camp in the cool months (October to April) and there is beauty all around, you just need to stop and look closely. Even cactus are beautiful. The desert is even more beautiful when all the desert flowers are blooming and I always seem to miss that time frame. Here are some pictures from our camp spot in Blair Valley. Here is a link to Anza Borrego also http://www.desertusa.com/anza_borrego/du-abpmain.html if you'd like to know more.


Various cactus


Little flowers (these are 1/4")




Looking south from camping spot, nothing like coffee and this view in the morning.



Sun going down over the Valley to the North, perfect start to the 5 o'clock hour.
 
At night we make a fire and I wait for the Kangaroo Rat to come out. It doesn't take it long once the food is there! Here it is packing its cheeks with Cheerios and it's not shy from the flash at all. I had peanuts but they were salted and we didn't think it would be good for it (they don't get much water and that's why they only come out at night) so I opted for the Cheerios, they are healthier, right?




Here are some pictures I took on our way back of blooming Ocotillo Bushes, the orange red color is so very pretty.

 



This is a view of the Carrizo Badlands, they are gorgeous, I just wish I could have captured the colors better.



That sums it up for me, we got a lot of walking in on this trip too. Tomorrow is clean up day from the camping trip and laundry, I didn't want to do too much in one day. With all the packing up I did this morning, I need to stretch that work out :)

I hope you are having a great week so far.
Cheryl

"http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/947340/?claim=jm68bzrshv3">

 












 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment