Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

Oh my, what a delicious corned beef brisket we had today and cabbage wedges (new recipe). I didn't forget the Guinness either :)  Hubby cooked, so I have clean up duty but I don't mind. We had the in laws over and we had a great time visiting and catching up, I just love them to pieces.

I made Irish Soda Bread for the occasion and Hubby said it was the best he has ever had and we all know he would never lie about that, right?



Since I did not meet my quota for dirty dishes from the soda bread, I tried my hand at cupcakes too. The icing could have been darker, but it all tastes the same in the end :)




The hummingbird egg has hatched and several attempts to get pictures of that fuzzy baby have failed, it blends into the nest and I am too short to hold my camera that close, but I will definitely succeed tomorrow and will post pictures when I get them.

Hope you are all enjoying your day whatever you are doing.

Cheryl


 

No comments:

Post a Comment