Saturday, May 24, 2014

Hummingbird Cake and Hummingbirds

I was first introduced to Hummingbird Cake by my Mom and loved it. I never knew such a thing existed before that day. When my Mom came out to visit me on her 72nd Birthday, I went to the local bakery to get a cake and they actually had a Hummingbird cake so that is what I got. I had planned on making one on her Birthday, but that was the week we listed the house and we were real busy, better late than never, right? Here is the recipe, I found it on line and it's from 1978.



 I cheated and bought cream cheese frosting - shhhhh.

After the pecan pieces were added - it turned out real pretty!


...and here are some Hummingbird photos for you. The guarder of the feeder, fast Freddie. 






Even though he is such a bully he is very pretty.
I hope you had a great night, geez, it's tomorrow in some time zones. Have a great weekend and remember to honor those who have served, those who are currently serving and those who gave everything for our freedom. Thanks for stopping by, have a safe Memorial Day.
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment