Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Stamping cookies

Happy Tuesday! Well our weather has cooled off drastically, to the point, when you are outside and the sun goes behind a cloud and the wind is blowing, it's downright cold (for us, since we were having 105 degree weather last week). When I went walking this morning at 6 (believe that?), it was cloudy and 58 degrees, but no wind, so it was great. I even took a minute off my time :)
 
So, cooler weather means I can start baking again - yayy!. I have been dying to use those cookie stamps I got for my Birthday last month from my Sister, remember these?



I thought I would make Peanut Butter cookies since you have to mash those down anyway. I rolled the cookies in a ball and stamped them right on the cookie sheet. The trick in stamping these is you need to have a bowl of flour handy and really flour the stamps and then tap off the excess. I finally got it on the third try and you know what they say about the third time - it's a charm! Why do they even say that?

Next I used a glass as a cookie cutter to remove the excess around the edges so they would look better. I said better, but not much better as you see in the picture. I should have floured that glass better! Oh well, (note to self).


Here is an close up look. These cookies are 3 inches in diameter
 
 
They spread out a little while baking, but not too bad that they lost the imprint. In the future I think I will use these on sugar cookies and see how they turn out.

 
All in all I am pleased with the stamps and Hubby said the cookies were delicious.

I really need to take advantage of the weather, so I will be making Granola Bars next and will post that later in the week. Have a great night and thanks for stopping by!
 
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment