Sunday, May 4, 2014

Brisket, Chicken and Pie - Oh my!

We are having da boys over for Sunday dinner and Hubby is smoking a brisket and some chicken - it smells so good outside right now. Since it's Sunday, and since I haven't been doing any baking or anything, I thought I would whip up something for dessert. I was leaning towards a no bake pie, but after reviewing my on hand ingredients I decided to make a cherry pie because I didn't want to leave the house to go to the store. I had 1 ready made pie crust and 1 can of cherry filling, so, I searched and found 4 little taco shell pans and decided to make 4 little pies! There is a recipe out there on Pillsbury that you could make these in a muffin pan and it would yield 6 for the ingredients that I had, but I wanted bigger pies. It is so fun to experiment and I don't care if it is hot here and I shouldn't have the oven on, I needed to bake something! The A/C kept the house cool, so all was well, I just hate to run it if I don't have to.
 


I divided the crust into 4, rolled each piece in a ball and rolled each one out to about 6-7" diameter.

I sprayed 4 of those small taco shell bowl pans with Pam and put the pie crusts in them.

I filled each crust with 1/4 of the can of pie filling. (You could use whatever pie filling you have).
 
You could also cut the excess off the crusts and use the scraps as lattice over the top :)


I set them all on a cookie sheet and baked them at 425 degrees for 13 minutes until the crust was looking pretty brown on the edges. I hope that was long enough, I didn't want to burn them.


 
How cute do these look in those little pans? This was the easiest dessert I think I have ever made. These will be served with vanilla ice cream on top. I am sure it will be a winner, it's dessert, no one complains about dessert right? Well unless there isn't enough dessert, then they might.
 
Have a great night and thanks for reading!
Cheryl
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment