Thursday, May 22, 2014

Granola Bars

I planned on posting the Granola Bar recipe yesterday, but, since doing the cookies and the Granola Bars (that stuff goes everywhere when you cut them up), I decided I needed to clean my kitchen, floors and oven. I don't even know why I chose to clean the oven really, I intended only to clean the racks, but after I cleaned them, I wanted the rest of the over to match. Now everything looks like brand new, even the window is spotless! While I was at it, I cleaned the whole down stairs, leaving the upstairs to do today. Right after I got out of the shower, we got a call from a real estate agent and someone wanted to see our house at 6:30 last night, so.....I continued to get the rest of the house cleaned too.

Here is the Granola recipe that I used, http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2012/09/granola-bars/  In case you haven't noticed from my precious recipes, I am a big Pioneer Woman fan.
 
I made these once before and everyone loved them. They are really easy to make and are crunchy like the Nature Valley Granola Bars, to make them more chewy, you can bake them for about 10 minutes and they will come out softer. I figure if you cut the whole pan into 45 pcs they are approx. 100 calories each, not bad. Here is the finished product, it smelled like heaven in the kitchen!
 

 
I made these for da Boys and 4 friends who are going on a big hike over the weekend, so I bagged them up with an ingredient list just in case someone has a food allergy. When you cut these up, you end up getting a bonus bag of Granola from all pieces that break off and Granola pieces all over your kitchen. 
 
 
Since my house was clean and the weather was cool and cloudy, I slept in and did my walk at 9. After I finished my walk and my coffee, I decided to weed the front hill again, it's been a month and the weeds are back - damn them!
 
So, I am feeling accomplished and since a long weekend is ahead of us, I can just relax, give thanks and count my blessings. Maybe I'll get some hummingbird pictures too.
 
Have a great weekend and be safe out there. Thanks for stopping by.
Cheryl
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment