Saturday, May 3, 2014

Puzzles and procrastination

It's been a lot less windy the last 2 days, but it is still very hot. The outside temp shows 103, but it's actually 96 according to the weather report. It doesn't really matter anyway, I don't like the heat so I have been spending my time inside. I know, there are people out there praying for hot sunny weather and here I am complaining and hiding from it.
 
It is too hot to bake, so I did 2 puzzles in the last two days. Hubby ordered some really old puzzles that were made from an old artist's paintings from the 1930s.  I would guess the puzzles are from the 1940s, I tried to find out on the Internet with no luck so far. Bizarre isn't it that the Internet doesn't have absolutely everything we want to know? As soon as he showed them to me I couldn't wait to put them together. They have the most unusual looking pieces and shapes. They are very thick and don't even interlock, they just push up to each other so you need to be careful or you knock them out of place (I did one of them in a cake pan - ha).




The picture below I zoomed and cropped so you could see the unusual shapes. You can see a heart shape by the guy in red at the top right, a plane shape on the bears butt in the lower left and a butterfly in the top left.. There are also shapes of a circle, cross, heart, propeller and more. Too bad this one had some pieces missing. I had fun putting them together and I think my Mom would have loved these puzzles!   

 
 
I have not exercised in probably a month, so shame on me. Luckily I have not  gained any weight, but I haven't lost any either. One day I blew it off because I needed to get something done first thing in the morning and the day after that there were other things and I let it derail me. It's not like I haven't worked a lot in the house, I wonder really how much exercise there is in vacuuming a 2000 sq ft house and mopping floors, that's a lot of upper body movement plus carrying the vacuum upstairs. I need to investigate that, seriously. I have been procrastinating and saying I'll get back into it, so, here is my commitment to myself to get back to it - MONDAY. I probably need to start setting my alarm so I get up at the same time every day and just make it a routine. Now I am getting flashbacks about work, oh boy.

Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of your WEE-kend (as that annoying little pig on TV would say).
Cheryl


 
 
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment