Friday, April 4, 2014

Birds and flowers

Had a visitor in the pool this morning. He and his lady mate have been flying by lately, spending time up the street in the neighbors pool and then fly to another neighbors yard to eat snails. From time to time they visit our pool, but I haven't been able to get a picture of them. This morning the male showed up by himself, which is unusual since they are always together. Maybe he was just testing the water temperature. After I took the picture I heard another duck quacking, it must have been his mate calling him and he flew off immediately - good boy!


The baby hummingbird is still in the nest and it's getting real big! I figured it would have flown by now, but Mama keeps feeding it, so maybe it doesn't want to move out until it's 30! (Not like that ever happened with any of my kids).
 
Here are some new baby hummingbirds that left their nest and are now eating at the feeder. They are so small and very cute.   
 
The Orioles love the hummingbird feeders too. This feeder is just sitting on a post so we had to bungee cord it so it doesn't get knocked off (again).

I love all the colors of our flowers around the yard. It's definitely Spring here, these are our wild flowers. 
 
Bird of Paradise 
 
Clivia (Kaffir Lily)
 
 
Bacopa
 
Impatiens 

Pink Ice Plant

Giant Bird Of Paradise
 

I really don't have anything else to talk about, I have been a recluse the last few days, but have been keeping up with my diet and exercise. I have been experimenting a little with healthier recipes and snacks. 
 
I hope you enjoyed the pictures. Hopefully it will bring some sunshine to those who still have snow.
 
Have a great day.
Cheryl
 

No comments:

Post a Comment