Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Birds and birds

I woke up this morning around 5 a.m. to a symphony of birds calls since I had the windows wide open. It was nice, it was almost like they are trying to all talk over each other. There is even a bird that chirps like R2-D2 some times. We have a lot of them and buy song bird food in bulk.
 
No sign of life in the abandoned Hummingbird nest, I was so hoping another bird would nest there. Our hummingbirds seemed to have increased a little, I was afraid many may have migrated north. There is a little male hummer I call 'scooter' because when he flies by he sounds like the spaceships on the Jetson's. I just love sitting outside and photographing them. Here are some pictures I took the other day, I think the male was trying to show off for the female, look at those moves. It's weird because it looks like a female and then when he turns you can see the red on his neck and the black face. These pics were taken all within a minute of the same bird. Sorry for the overload of pictures, but I couldn't resist.
 




 






Thanks for reading and have a great day!
Cheryl
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I love your photos. Keep on sharing them. I never get to see hummingbirds up close. I am thinking of putting up some hummingbird feeders to see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam, they are starting to arrive in the northern states, so they will be coming to you soon if they are not already there!

    ReplyDelete