Saturday, April 19, 2014

Garden Cookies and Easter Cupcakes

Happy Saturday, one more day until Easter! Well yesterday I finished the tile early and got busy on making those Garden Cookies. Here are the results and pictures:
 
Cookie molds
 
Here are the cookies all molded and ready to go into the oven, The secret here is to roll the dough to the right thickness to have enough dough to completely fill the mold (but not too much or they won't touch the table to cut out) and then pack it to insure you have nice mold lines. You need to flour the molds really well so they will release the cookie. I have had a couple "do overs", but overall I think they worked great. The recipe I used came in the box with the molds.
 
 
 
Here are the baked cookies, they came out very well and held the detail.
 
 

 Here are the pictures of the decorated cookies. I could not find my large tube of icing that I bought so I used frosting and various sprinkles. It worked OK for the ones with sprinkles, but if you want any kind of detail you need icing.



Here is my decorating disaster. I frosted these first and then tried to add melted chocolate to make the stripes, yeah, I won't do that again.
 
 
On this one I did the chocolate center first and let it harden, then did the frosting after - much better!
 
 

I think the next time I make these I am going to divide the dough up and die it different colors (yellow for the bees, orange for the lady bugs, purple for the butterflies, etc.) and then you would only need to decorate some detail on them.

Since I was in a baking mood and had a lot of leftover frosting, I made some Easter cupcakes too. These are just white vanilla cupcakes from a recipe I found on line and decorated.


 
I hope you enjoyed my experiment as much as I enjoyed making them.
 
Have a blessed Easter!
Cheryl
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment