Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Empty nest and heat wave

Well, the baby hummingbird finally left the nest this morning. It makes me sad to see her go and to see that empty nest, but maybe the mama will have another brood or two.
 
 
At least I still have the ducks occasionally stopping by. You sure know if they have been here or not, they have terrible bathroom manners. They used to crap on the pool deck and we had to hose it off, but during the last few visits they 'used' the pool instead of the deck - disgusting! It's a good thing we have an automatic pool cleaner because if I had to scrape that stuff out, I would not be very happy about it. I guess I am glad that they don't visit very often.
 
 
It is very hot here today - 97! I got all the watering done early before the sun poked over the mountain. I closed up the house and drew the curtains when it was still 61 outside so it would stay reasonably cool in here, because I am not running the air conditioner. Right now we are at around 73 inside, which isn't too bad. The temperature will drop later tonight so I can open up the house to sleep. Should be 59 overnight - perfect.
 
I found some fun baking stuff this morning from Nordic Ware. They have the cutest stuff like little bundt pans, molds, you name it.  If you are planning a little party for whatever occasion and want to make little molded cakes or muffins, this is the place to get your pans and they are made in the USA.  You could also use those little mold pans to do chocolate candies too which would be neat. I ordered a set of cookie stamps and garden cookie cutters that I can't wait to receive.  If I had the money, I would probably buy 50% of everything on their website. They also sell products for stove top, oven, grill, microwave, toaster oven and kitchen. Here is the link if you are interested:
(This is my personal recommendation, I am not affiliated with Nordic Ware).

I have some chicken that I plan to throw on the grill for dinner along with some corn on the cob and a baked potato. I am getting hungry just thinking about it. I really want steak, but I am too lazy to leave the house and go to the store to get it. If I did leave the house, I would just stop and get a Carne Asada Burrito and not cook at all. Now I am thinking about doing that instead of standing in 97 degree weather grilling in the sun because we all know how much I love heat and sun! Decisions, decisions.

Have a great night.
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment