Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy Monday & Easter tip

Happy Monday!! I love Mondays now that I don't have to leave the house to go to work. There is always some kind of work waiting to be done here at the house, but better here than going there and I can work at my own pace and there is no stress. I decided today will be laundry and cleaning the floors day. I also need to fill some pin holes in the grout lines that I noticed when I was cleaning it last week, doesn't that sound like fun?? I should have marked them as I noticed them, oh well, too late!
 
We had a nice quiet Easter yesterday at home with the boys and our youngest son's fiancée. Hubby made a rack of pork and for an appetizer I made some colored deviled eggs that I saw on a cooking website. They came out pretty cute and they were super easy too.



The website says not to use more than 1 drop of dye per 3/4 cup water (unless you are doing a mixed color, then you may need 2 or 3 drops) and let soak for about an hour and stir them every 10 minutes or so. Do not use vinegar or your eggs will taste like vinegar too. Then drain, rinse very well, blot dry and then fill them with the deviled egg mix. They say that food coloring has a distinct taste and that is why you shouldn't use too much of it or you will taste it in the food, who knew?
 
I also sent the remaining cupcakes (except one) and most of those cookies home with one of the boys. He loves baked goods and I love making him baked goods!
 
TIP: I had gotten some colored dye on my hands and under one of my fingernails and I soaked them in hydrogen peroxide for about a minute and then scrubbed my hands and nails really well and it removed almost all of it. Today you can't even tell I got dye on my hands. That's my Easter tip.
 
It's a gorgeous day here right now, all the windows are open and I can hear the birds chirping and hummingbirds fighting over the feeders. I am feeling grateful that we have great weather most of the year.

Have a great day and thanks for reading!
Cheryl













No comments:

Post a Comment