Thursday, April 17, 2014

Holy week and busy week

Hello! It's Holy week and it's been a very busy week so far.
 
I finally got all of the windows finished and washed all of the screens. I decided to do a 'deep clean' which included pulling out all the furniture and cleaning behind and underneath everything. Then, something possessed me to clean the grout and travertine that was looking dingy, so, with a brush and detergent, I have been scrubbing grout for the last 2 days, about 10 hours. I still have about 8 feet of hallway to go, which is going to wait until tomorrow or Saturday but oh does it look nice. I think I must have about 500 square feet of tile which I was cursing the whole time, but now that it's almost all clean I love it again, funny how that works :) It is such a great feeling when I do a deep clean.
Displaying IMG_20140417_154930_573.jpg
 
CLEANING TIP: When cleaning grout, take a wet toothbrush dipped in Dawn dish detergent and rub along the grout lines and let it sit for a few minutes, this will loosen the dirt up. Then scrub them with the toothbrush and wash and rinse with the rest of the floor. The great thing about it is that it is not toxic and there are no fumes like with other cleaners or bleach.
 
I think many of the Hummingbirds may have migrated north. I have 3 feeders out, and the smallest one I have had to fill every day, now it's been lasting for 2 to 3 days and the others are lasting longer. No sign of any activity in the abandoned nest so perhaps she made a new one. I was hoping for another brood.
 
We made a Costco run late this morning to get things for Easter Sunday and since they give out so many food samples while you are shopping, we didn't even have to have lunch. I am setting my sights on baking those cookies for Easter along with some other goodies. Hubby is in charge of cooking, so I am in charge of sides, appetizers and dessert so I get to experiment.
 
It's Thursday, so we're having dinner with Da Boys tonight. Have a great night and a nice Good Friday tomorrow.
 
Cheryl
 

No comments:

Post a Comment