Friday, April 25, 2014

Friday already???

Where oh where did the week go? It seems like yesterday it was Monday and I was doing laundry and patching the pin holes in the grout that I noticed.
 
We decided to put our house on the MLS on Tuesday instead of For Sale by Owner so it will be on the major real estate sites. This sparked a need for me to fill the nail holes in a wall in the family room and paint it because I was sure that someone would notice it if they came to look at the house. They probably wouldn't have noticed, I think it's just me knowing that those nails holes are there that drove me to do it. These are the things that keep me up at night sometimes I swear I over scrutinize and over think everything
 
Painting was not as easy as it sounded, the wall is about 13 feet high and requires a big ladder which I did not enjoy climbing up and down on. There is also a huge entertainment cabinet against the wall that Hubby wasn't happy about needing to be moved, but we used those furniture sliders and I could move it around myself after that. It is amazing how many cords and cables were back there that are now all neat and twisty tied together!  There were some that weren't even hooked up to anything, imagine that.
 
After about a half hour of painting I had it, it was hard for me to reach everything and I hate being on ladders and it was hot being up so high. So, since it was a cool breezy day, I traded Hubby painting for weeding our bank in front. Yup, 6 hours, 6 applications of sunscreen and 6 bottles of water later and the bank is weeded and new ice plant has been planted. It looks pretty good and it should fill in pretty quickly if that damn gopher decides not to eat it. I didn't even get sunburned, but my fingernails that I finally got to grow out took a beating.  Oh well, no pain, no gain, right?
 
I honestly don't even know where I am getting all this ambition lately. I guess I am just anxious to sell this house and move and start my new life someplace else. I want a huge garden and some chickens and I want to start canning food.  I feel like my life is on hold, as there is no use doing a garden here if we are moving. I feel like I am running in place with a carrot in front of my nose that I will never ever catch.
 
We had lunch with my in-laws today, we don't get to see them that often so it was nice getting together for some quality one on one time (or two on two time). We went to Romano's Macaroni Grill, a place we had never been to before and the food was great. Hubby had the Carmela's Chicken and I had the Chicken Parmesan and it was the best I have ever had. We will definitely go again. It was kind of sad though sitting with them because today is my Mom's Birthday, she would have been 85 the same age as my father in law. Hubby is so blessed to still have his Dad in his life.
 
On the way back home my tire pressure light came on and when we pulled into the garage we could hear the air just rushing out of it. The boys came by and removed it, plugged it, filled it and put it back on which was really nice. There was a huge nail in it, we were lucky we didn't get a flat while we were on the freeway at the rate that thing was leaking, that would have sucked big time.
 
All in all it was a very productive week,  the house is spit shined, the yard looks great, flyers are printed, just waiting for prospective buyers to come to see the house, so wish us luck with that.
 
Have a great night and thanks for reading. Happy Birthday Mom, not a day goes by that I don't think about you.
Cheryl
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment