Friday, May 23, 2014

Around the neighborhood

On my walk this morning I was noticing what people had in their trash cans (it's trash day and they were at the curb, I wasn't snooping in their driveways). We have 3 kinds of cans, black (trash), blue (recycle) and green (lawn). It is amazing how much garbage people generate in one week, to the point where the cans are overfilled and the lids are open. I found the widowed gentlemen down the street that lives alone has 2 of each can, full, I know who has cats by the tidy cat boxes, who has pools by the chemical bottles, who has babies in diapers, what several people drink and how much based on the overflow, which one of the neighbors got new blinds, a new freezer and a new love seat. I could go on and on. The economy must be good, because the people at the bottom of the hill got a huge TV and a surround sound system. I just found it interesting how much information we put out to the curb and I wouldn't be advertising my purchases. Fortunately, we live in a good neighborhood.

So, the next time you put your trash to the curb, really look at what you have out there that people can see, and make sure to put your wine bottles in the very bottom of the can.

We are going out for dinner tonight. I am excited because, well, I haven't been out to dinner in awhile, or worn make up. When you are home all the time you have no need for make up, or nice clothes, or doing your hair, etc. so this is nice for a change.

Have a great night and thanks for stopping by.
Cheryl

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment: